Sick baby's parents await High Court's ruling
The parents of a sick baby at the centre of a High Court life support treatment battle are waiting for a judge's ruling after making one final plea.
Specialists at Great Ormond Street Hospital in London think it is time to stop providing life support treatment to eight-month-old Charlie Gard.
Doctors say Charlie, who suffers from a rare genetic condition and has brain damage, should move to a palliative care regime.
Charlie's parents, who are both in their early 30s, disagree.
Postman Chris Gard and Connie Yates, of Bedfont, west London, disagree and want to be allowed to take him to a hospital in the United States for a treatment trial.
Mr Justice Francis on Friday finished evidence at a week-long hearing in the Family Division of the High Court in London and is due to announce his decision on Tuesday.
Miss Yates had given evidence earlier in the week.
But she stood to address the judge for a second time as the hearing neared its end.
"Charlie has one shot, one chance of life," she said.
"Without this treatment, Charlie's only alternative is death.
"Charlie deserves his chance to improve and get a better quality of life."
Miss Yates said Charlie was not suffering and treatment was "safe to try".
"All I ask now is for you to give him that chance for the treatment proposed," she said.
"Charlie's best interests have always been at the forefront of our mind."
She added: "I feel that anybody would be the same as us in our position."
Mrs Justice Francis has heard that Charlie, who was born on August 4 2016, has a form of mitochondrial disease, a condition which causes progressive muscle weakness and brain damage.
The couple have raised more than £1.2 million to pay for treatment.