Belfast Telegraph

UK Website Of The Year

Home News UK

Third man charged over shooting death of man at caravan site

Published 10/05/2016

John Broadway has been charged (Police/PA)
John Broadway has been charged (Police/PA)

A third man has been charged with the murder of a man at a caravan site in Somerset.

John Broadway, 37, has been charged with the murder of Wilfred Isaacs, 50, and the attempted murder of a second man.

On Sunday, Charlie Broadway, 23, and 18-year-old William Broadway were jointly charged with the murder of Mr Isaacs, as well as attempted murder and possessing a firearm with intent to endanger life.

The charges relate to a double shooting on Thursday night at the Chubbards Cross caravan park, near Ilton, Ilminster, Somerset, that left Mr Isaacs dead and another man in his 20s injured.

John, who is Charlie Broadway's elder brother, will appear before Bristol Magistrates' Court on Wednesday.

Charlie's wife, Donna Broadway, 26, who was arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender after handing herself into police, has been released on bail. Two other women, both aged 36 have also been released on bail, police said.

A post-mortem examination found that Mr Isaacs died of a gunshot wound to the body.

Later, police confirmed that a firearm had been recovered.

"The weapon, believed to be a shotgun, will now be forensically examined by specialists," a force spokesman said.

"We are keeping an open mind as to whether this was the weapon used during the incident. Our inquiries continue at the murder scene in Ilton and a policing presence is expected to remain there for the next few days."

Read More

From Belfast Telegraph