Trio charged over GTA buyer attack
Published 21/09/2013 | 00:00
Three teenagers have been charged over the stabbing and robbery of a man who bought the blockbuster video game Grand Theft Auto V only 80 minutes earlier.
The 23-year-old victim was attacked as he made his way home from a midnight launch event in the early hours of Tuesday with the notoriously violent game.
Scotland Yard said he was hit with a brick, stabbed and stripped of his mobile phone, watch and his copy of the game during the attack on Princes Avenue in Colindale, north London, at around 1.20am.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman said three teenagers, aged 14, 15, and 17 had been charged with robbery and grievous bodily harm with intent.
They are due to appear before magistrates in Hendon, north London.
Three other teenagers, aged 15, 17 and 18, have been released on bail until October.