We trusted him, says Hall victim
Published 03/05/2013 | 06:36
A victim of "predator" Stuart Hall has spoken of how the TV star tricked her into trusting him before he sexually abused her.
Veteran broadcaster Hall faces jail after admitting indecently assaulting 13 girls, the youngest aged just nine, during the 1960, 70s, and 80s.
The BBC star, who shot to fame presenting It's A Knockout, was described as an ''opportunistic predator'' by Nazir Afzal, chief crown prosecutor for the North West, after he appeared at Preston Crown Court on Thursday.
Victims Susan Harrison and Kim Wright waived their right to anonymity to reveal how Hall attacked them when they were teenagers. Mrs Wright was the first victim to make a formal complaint to police in November, prompted by the Jimmy Savile scandal.
She told the Daily Mail: "I was convinced I couldn't have been the only one and I felt it was my duty to report it, in case there was someone out there who daren't, someone who'd suffered more than me."
Mrs Wright, 45, was assaulted by Hall while handing out leaflets outside a "Home and Beauty" exhibition in Blackpool when she was 17.
She said: "He slid his arm around me and then, without a word, squeezed my breast. He didn't just do it and let go, he kept his hand there. I immediately told him to get off and pulled away."
Mrs Harrison was sexually assaulted by Hall in his car as he drove her home after he had arranged for her to sing at a BBC recording studio. Hall had arranged the recording after meeting the 15-year-old at her school, Longdendale High School in Hollingworth, Cheshire, while presenting prizes.
But the music teacher, now 61, said she realised afterwards that it was a set-up and that she had been groomed by the presenter, who had written to her a number of times.
She added: "We trusted him to look after me, to bring me home and it had never occurred to me that this would happen."