Belfast Telegraph

UK Website Of The Year

Home News UK

Woman dies after taking 'toxic' pills bought online

By Pat Hurst

Published 21/04/2015

A 21-year-old woman has died after taking "diet pills" thought to contain a highly toxic chemical.

Eloise Parry died at Royal Shrewsbury Hospital on April 12 after taking tablets bought on the internet.

Tests are being conducted on the pills but they are believed to include a quantity of dinitrophenol, also known as DNP, which is dangerous to humans.

Eloise's mother, Fiona Parry, said: "It is such a great sadness that her life ended so soon, and, in many ways, ended before it had really had a chance to begin.

"There were so many things that she dreamed of doing - travelling, having a career and having a family - things that she never got a chance to experience."

Belfast Telegraph

Read More

From Belfast Telegraph