Belfast Telegraph

UK Website Of The Year

Home News World

Austrian prosecutors quiz suspects on Paris terror attack links

Published 18/02/2016

Police in Austria are questioning two people with suspected links to the Paris terror attacks
Police in Austria are questioning two people with suspected links to the Paris terror attacks

Austria is investigating two suspects for possible links to the bombers and gunmen who carried out last year's deadly Paris attacks.

State prosecutor Robert Holzleitner says they are a 28-year-old Algerian and a Pakistani national, 32.

Mr Holzleitner said in a statement on Thursday that the pair arrived in Greece in the same boat as two of the attackers.

He says the attackers were able to leave Greece unhindered but the two now in Austrian custody were held there for 25 days for having fake passports.

The pair were detained in Salzburg on December 10, Mr Holzleitner said, adding a 25-year old Moroccan and an Algerian aged 40 who were in "close contact" with the other two also are being held.

All four are suspected of links to the Islamic State group.

Your Comments

COMMENT RULES: Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and contributors who consistently fall below certain criteria will be permanently blacklisted. The moderator will not enter into debate with individual contributors and the moderator’s decision is final. It is Belfast Telegraph policy to close comments on court cases, tribunals and active legal investigations. We may also close comments on articles which are being targeted for abuse. Problems with commenting? customercare@belfasttelegraph.co.uk

Read More

From Belfast Telegraph