Belfast Telegraph

UK Website Of The Year

Home News World

Belgian terror probe 'finds video linked to nuclear industry worker'

Published 17/02/2016

Belgian officials said an investigation in relation to last year's terror attacks in Paris is 'ongoing'
Belgian officials said an investigation in relation to last year's terror attacks in Paris is 'ongoing'

Searches in the wake of last year's deadly terror attacks in Paris have uncovered video linked to a person working in Belgium's nuclear industry.

The Belgian federal prosecutor's office said in a statement on Wednesday that an "investigation is actively ongoing".

Belgian media reported that several hours of video was filmed near the home of a man thought to be a senior official at the Mol nuclear waste facility in the Flanders region.

The house of the unidentified man was apparently filmed from a nearby wood.

Prosecutors declined to confirm that information or provide details.

Security services have long feared extremists might get their hands on radioactive material.

It comes as a cloud hangs over some of Belgium's nuclear plants after a number of unplanned shutdowns.

Your Comments

COMMENT RULES: Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and contributors who consistently fall below certain criteria will be permanently blacklisted. The moderator will not enter into debate with individual contributors and the moderator’s decision is final. It is Belfast Telegraph policy to close comments on court cases, tribunals and active legal investigations. We may also close comments on articles which are being targeted for abuse. Problems with commenting? customercare@belfasttelegraph.co.uk

Read More

From Belfast Telegraph