Boy, 13, shot in Guinea protests
Published 02/03/2013 | 17:06
A teenage boy has been shot dead during clashes between security forces and opposition marchers in Guinea, according to Red Cross officials.
Witness Idrissa Bah said the 13-year-old was shot twice by security forces early on Saturday in the capital Conakry and died from his injuries.
Sory Camara, with the Red Cross, confirmed the teenager's death and said Abdoulaye Sow's body will be taken to the morgue at a nearby hospital. Mr Camara said at least seven others had been injured in clashes on Friday.
The opposition has been holding anti-government protests in the capital, which have turned violent with police also responding with force.
The government released a statement on Saturday deploring the violence that has occurred since February 27. It says at least three people have been killed.