Brad Pitt cleared over claims of abusive behaviour towards his son
An investigation into whether Brad Pitt was abusive towards his son on a private flight in September has been closed with no finding of wrongdoing by the actor.
A source familiar with the inquiry told The Associated Press the inquiry was closed within the past few days.
Multiples sources have said the Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services was looking into allegations Pitt was abusive towards his 15-year-old son on the flight in mid-September.
Pitt's wife, Angelina Jolie Pitt, filed for divorce days after the incident, and her lawyer said it was "for the health of the family".
A department spokesman said the agency could not confirm it investigated Pitt.
The actor attended the Los Angeles premiere of the film Allied at the Regency Village Theatre on Wednesday evening.
A representative for Jolie said the actress is relieved the inquiry is over and that the custody arrangements in place will allow the children to heal.
Custody of the actors' six children has been the primary issue in their divorce. Jolie Pitt is seeking sole custody of the children, while Pitt is seeking joint custody.
Pitt has seen his children under terms agreed upon by the former couple. Jolie Pitt's representatives said on Monday that an agreement on custody had been reached, although a final agreement will be part of the couple's divorce judgment when it is entered.
California law favours joint custody, although details about custody arrangements are rarely made public in celebrity divorce cases.
The actors were married for two years and together for 12 years after becoming close while filming 2005's Mr & Mrs Smith.