Belfast Telegraph

Wednesday 17 December 2014

Casino winnings go up in smoke

A US man lost all his casino winnings in a fire at home
A US man lost all his casino winnings in a fire at home

A man's lucky day at a New York state casino went up in smoke - along with his winnings.

Kenneth Lamoree said he returned to his home after winning more than £2,000 at the Turning Stone casino in Verona, but a little more than an hour later, a fire broke out in the home he shares with his fiancee and their three children.

The house suffered extensive damage and its contents - including Mr Lamoree's wallet with his casino winnings - were believed to have been destroyed.

COMMENT RULES: Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and contributors who consistently fall below certain criteria will be permanently blacklisted. The moderator will not enter into debate with individual contributors and the moderator’s decision is final. It is Belfast Telegraph policy to close comments on court cases, tribunals and active legal investigations. We may also close comments on articles which are being targeted for abuse. Problems with commenting? customercare@belfasttelegraph.co.uk

Latest News

Latest Sport

Latest Showbiz