Charred body is missing journalist
The charred and mutilated body of a man found on the bank of a lagoon in Honduras is that of a missing journalist, the authorities confirmed.
Investigators identified Anibal Barrow's body through dental records and other forensic tests, Honduras' top prosecutor Roberto Ramirez said.
Mr Ramirez said he would not discuss possible motives in the killing to avoid harming the investigation.
The 62-year-old journalist had a popular daily morning news show called Anibal And Nothing More on Globo television in the northern city of San Pedro Sula.
The body was found on Tuesday in a shallow pit on the bank of the Siboney lagoon, about 12 miles south of San Pedro Sula.
Buried nearby was a bank book and a credit card with Mr Barrow's name, along with clothing and a belt that resembled what he was wearing the day he was kidnapped.
National police chief Juan Carlos Bonilla said Mr Barrow's body had been beheaded and the arms and legs had been cut off before it was set ablaze.
Mr Bonilla said four people have been detained in connection with the killing and that there were 10 suspects in the case altogether, including a child.
"All of them directly participated in Barrow's killing," Mr Bonilla said.
Heavily armed men kidnapped Mr Barrow on June 24 while he was driving in his truck. Three of his family members were also taken, but were quickly released unharmed. The authorities discovered a bullet hole and traces of blood in his truck when it was found days later.