Chavez returns after cancer surgery
Venezuelan president Hugo Chavez has returned home after more than two months of treatment in Cuba following cancer surgery.
Mr Chavez announced his return in a series of messages on his Twitter account, saying "we will continue our treatment here."
They were the first to appear since November 1.
"I'm clinging to Christ and trusting in my doctors and nurses," Mr Chavez said in another tweet. "Onward toward victory always!! We will live and we will triumph!!"
Mr Chavez also thanked Fidel and Raul Castro, who have overseen his treatment in Cuba, and thanked his country's people "for so much love."
His return to Caracas came less than three days after the government released the first photos of the president in more than two months, showing images of him smiling alongside his daughters.
The 58-year-old president has not spoken publicly since he left for Cuba on December 10. He underwent his fourth cancer-related surgery on December 11, and the government says that he is now breathing through a tracheal tube that makes talking difficult.
He has been receiving cancer treatment in Cuba on-and-off since June 2011.
Throughout the treatments he has not revealed the type of cancer or the exact location of the tumours.
Mr Chavez was re-elected to a new six-year term in October, and his inauguration had been scheduled for January 10 but was indefinitely postponed due to his condition after the surgery, which the government has described as delicate.