Belfast Telegraph

UK Website Of The Year

Home News World

Couple behind California terror attack buried

Published 17/12/2015

Tashfeen Malik and Syed Farook shown at O'Hare International Airport in Chicago last year (US Customs and Border Protection/AP)
Tashfeen Malik and Syed Farook shown at O'Hare International Airport in Chicago last year (US Customs and Border Protection/AP)

The bodies of a husband and wife behind the California shootings that killed 14 people have been released by authorities and buried.

Lawyers for family members said Syed Farook and Tashfeen Malik were buried on Tuesday in Southern California.

David Chesley and Mohammad Abuershaid confirmed the burial to NBC News, but gave no further details.

San Bernardino supervising deputy coroner Randy Emon said the bodies had been released, but he was not allowed to say who claimed them or give any other information.

Farook, 28, and Malik, 29, were killed in a shootout with authorities hours after the December 2 shootings at a social services centre in San Bernadino.

Your Comments

COMMENT RULES: Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and contributors who consistently fall below certain criteria will be permanently blacklisted. The moderator will not enter into debate with individual contributors and the moderator’s decision is final. It is Belfast Telegraph policy to close comments on court cases, tribunals and active legal investigations. We may also close comments on articles which are being targeted for abuse. Problems with commenting? customercare@belfasttelegraph.co.uk

Read More

From Belfast Telegraph