Belfast Telegraph

Saturday 30 August 2014

Ford injury delays Star Wars shoot

Harrison Ford was injured on the set of Star Wars

Harrison Ford's injury will cause production on Star Wars: Episode VII to be suspended for two weeks.

Disney announced shooting would be halted for two weeks in August to adjust the production schedule following Ford's injury.

The 71-year-old actor broke his ankle in June during filming of the much-anticipated sequel at Pinewood Studios outside London.

Disney had said earlier that Ford's injury would not cause any delays.

The studio said Episode VII is still "on track" to wrap in the autumn and be released in December 2015.

The accident is believed to have involved a spacecraft door on the Millennium Falcon falling on Ford's leg.

His recuperation was expected to take up to two months.

COMMENT RULES: Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and contributors who consistently fall below certain criteria will be permanently blacklisted. The moderator will not enter into debate with individual contributors and the moderator’s decision is final. It is Belfast Telegraph policy to close comments on court cases, tribunals and active legal investigations. We may also close comments on articles which are being targeted for abuse. Problems with commenting? customercare@belfasttelegraph.co.uk

Latest News

Latest Sport

Latest Showbiz