Belfast Telegraph

Sunday 20 April 2014

French drop Strauss-Kahn sex case

French prosecutors said it was too late to investigate an attempted rape claim against Dominique Strauss-Kahn

The Paris prosecutor's office has dropped an investigation into an attempted rape claim against former IMF chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn.

But the prosecutor said Mr Strauss-Kahn had admitted to sexual aggression against a French writer.

Tristane Banon had accused Mr Strauss-Kahn of attempted rape in 2003.

Earlier this year a rape accusation against Mr Strauss-Kahn involving a new York hotel chambermaid was dropped.

The prosecutor's office said that Mr Strauss-Kahn admitted to sexual aggression against Ms Banon but that it was now too late to prosecute for that charge, because the incident happened in 2003.

Ms Banon said that Mr Strauss-Kahn tried to rape her during an interview for a book. He called the claim imaginary.

He quit his job as head of the International Monetary Fund after the New York allegations were made.

Latest News

Latest Sport

Latest Showbiz