Belfast Telegraph

Home News World

Funeral set for actor Gandolfini

The funeral for actor James Gandolfini, who died of a heart attack in Italy, will be held in New York on Thursday, it has been announced.

The service for The Sopranos star is being held at the Cathedral Church of Saint John the Divine in New York City.

An HBO spokeswoman speaking on behalf of Gandolfini's family said the funeral was scheduled for 10am.

The 51-year-old actor died last Wednesday in Rome from a heart attack, said family spokesman Michael Kobold.

HBO confirmed that Gandolfini's body was returned to the United States from Rome.

The actor had been headed to Sicily to appear at the Taormina Film Festival.

Your Comments

COMMENT RULES: Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and contributors who consistently fall below certain criteria will be permanently blacklisted. The moderator will not enter into debate with individual contributors and the moderator’s decision is final. It is Belfast Telegraph policy to close comments on court cases, tribunals and active legal investigations. We may also close comments on articles which are being targeted for abuse. Problems with commenting? customercare@belfasttelegraph.co.uk

Popular

From Belfast Telegraph