Two girls have died in China after eating poisoned yoghurt placed outside their kindergarten by a man acting for the head of a rival school, reports say.
Police believe the poisoning was motivated by competition for pupils between the schools, the Xinhua News Agency says.
It says the female head confessed that she injected the yoghurt with rat poison and asked a man to place it with notebooks on the road to the rival kindergarten in Pingshan county in Hebei province.
The girls' grandmother found the books and yoghurt and took them home. The children suffered convulsions after drinking the yoghurt and died later.
Police detained the woman and the man.