Belfast Telegraph

UK Website Of The Year

Home News World

Madonna and Guy Ritchie resolve son's custody case

Published 07/09/2016

Guy Ritchie and Madonna have resolved a custody dispute in New York, a court official said
Guy Ritchie and Madonna have resolved a custody dispute in New York, a court official said

Madonna and Guy Ritchie have resolved a months-long custody dispute in New York over where their teenage son should live.

Court spokesman Lucian Chalfen confirmed on Wednesday that the divorced singer and film director reached a settlement. He did not release any details.

Ritchie's lawyer, Peter Bronstein, said 16-year-old Rocco Ritchie will continue to live with his father in London.

Madonna's lawyer declined to comment.

Rocco's court-appointed lawyer did not return a message seeking comment. In March she told a state judge the dispute was causing her client stress.

That judge had previously ruled that Rocco should return to his mother's custody after he left her worldwide tour to live with Ritchie in England.

But the judge, Deborah Kaplan, urged the couple to reach an agreement on their own.

AP

Read More

From Belfast Telegraph