Belfast Telegraph

Home News World

Mother and daughter die after getting trapped in Czech sauna

Two women have died after they became trapped in a Czech sauna.

According to the Agence France-Presse, the mother (65) and daughter (45) became trapped when the door handle fell off the sauna from the inside.

It is believed they were inside for over 90 mins.

The incident occurred near the town of Jicin northeast of Prague on Saturday evening.

"The owner thought they were taking too long to come out so she went to check and found them lying on the floor," police spokeswoman Iva Kormosova said in a statement to Agence France-Presse.

It's believed the women tried to break the glass window after realising they had become trapped.

Emergency services declared the women dead at the scene.

Popular

From Belfast Telegraph