Nato troops killed by Afghan bomb
Three Nato service members have been killed by a roadside bomb in eastern Afghanistan, the alliance said.
The Taliban claimed responsibility for the attack, saying the target was a US military convoy.
Nato said the deaths occurred on Tuesday, but provided no further details about the incident or the nationalities of the troops.
The Taliban said the attack took place in Paktiya province, about 60 miles south of the capital, Kabul.
The latest deaths bring December's toll of foreign troops killed in Afghanistan to 23, with a total of 539 deaths so far this year.
The yearly tally is considerably lower than for 2010, when more than 700 troops died, but the number of wounded has remained high, dipping only slightly from last year's total of more than 5,000 service members.
Also on Tuesday, a community council leader in the Musa Qala district of Helmand province was shot dead by insurgents along with his 20-year-old son and two-year-old grandson, the governor's office said.
A statement from the office said the attack happened late in the evening, as council leader Adbdul Baqi was heading home from his office.