Belfast Telegraph

Home News World

No probe into 'cannibal' TV show

A case of apparent cannibalism on a Dutch TV show is not being investigated, prosecutors have revealed.

Show presenters appeared to eat tiny pieces of each others' flesh that had been surgically removed.

But Amsterdam prosecution spokeswoman Yvonne van der Leede has said no investigation is under way.

Thijs Verheij, spokesman for broadcaster BNN, said doctors and others involved in the stunt may have broken laws but police probably have more important things to do.

BNN has insisted the case is not a hoax.

The show Guinea Pigs aired on Wednesday and showed footage of what appeared to be the removal of tissue from a buttock of one presenter and the waist of another.

In front of a studio audience, the pair described cooked fatty tissue as rubbery and disgusting, and muscle as indistinguishable from other meat.

Popular

From Belfast Telegraph