Belfast Telegraph

Home News World

One dead, 10 ill in 'mass overdose'

One teenager has died and 10 other teenagers and young adults have been taken to hospital after an apparent mass overdose on a designer hallucinogenic drug at a suburban home, authorities in the US said.

Police and sheriff's investigators in Blaine, Minnesota, said state officials have identified the drug as "2 C-E", which can be legally obtained over the internet.

Officials said a 19-year-old died hours after officers responded to reports of an overdose at the house in Blaine early on Thursday.

Officers found several people who were ill. Others who fled the house were later also found to be suffering the effects of an overdose.

Several remain in hospital in a critical condition.

Popular

From Belfast Telegraph