Belfast Telegraph

UK Website Of The Year

Home News World

Powerful opioids were found in dead star Prince's home

By Staff Reporter

Published 23/08/2016

Overdose: Prince. Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP, File
Overdose: Prince. Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP, File

Pills found at Prince’s home following the singer’s death in April contained the highly powerful opioid fentanyl, but were mislabelled, it has emerged.

Officials investigating his death told the Minneapolis Star Tribune the tablets were labelled ‘Watson 385’, a designation for weaker painkillers.

Prince (57) was found dead in his Minneapolis home on April 21. An autopsy found he had died from an accidental overdose.

Officials told the Associated Press the Purple Rain star had no prescriptions for any controlled substance at the time of his death. Tests prior to his death however showed no evidence of fentanyl in his system, suggesting he was not a long-term user.

Belfast Telegraph

Read More

From Belfast Telegraph