Twenty-five people have been taken to hospital in Germany after eating sandwiches laced with rat poison.
So far none has shown symptoms of illness but they are being kept under observation as a precautionary measure, said police.
The sandwiches and a note saying they were a gift had been left on the doorstep of a car parts company in the north-western town of Steinfeld.
Staff helped themselves before someone noticed a strange substance on them.
A Berlin laboratory confirmed that the food had been sprinkled with rat poison. "We don't believe the amount of poison used would have been deadly, but it could have caused serious illness," said a police spokesman. They still do not know who left the sandwiches or why.