Belfast Telegraph

Home News World

Second body found after NYC blast

New York police say a second body has been found at the site of a Manhattan building collapse following an apparent gas explosion.

The two bodies found in the rubble on Sunday have not been identified yet.

Authorities had been looking for signs of two missing men, both believed to have been inside a ground floor sushi restaurant at the time of the explosion.

Twenty-six-year-old Moises Lucon worked at the restaurant, while 23-year-old Nicholas Figueroa was a bowling alley worker who had been there on a date.

Mayor Bill de Blasio said someone may have improperly tapped a gas line before the explosion that injured 22 people, four of them critically, on Thursday.

Energy company Consolidated Edison said workers had discovered in August that a line had been illegally tapped.

Your Comments

COMMENT RULES: Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and contributors who consistently fall below certain criteria will be permanently blacklisted. The moderator will not enter into debate with individual contributors and the moderator’s decision is final. It is Belfast Telegraph policy to close comments on court cases, tribunals and active legal investigations. We may also close comments on articles which are being targeted for abuse. Problems with commenting? customercare@belfasttelegraph.co.uk

Popular

From Belfast Telegraph