Belfast Telegraph

UK Website Of The Year

Home News World

Toronto nightclub shooting leaves 2 dead and 3 wounded

Published 04/08/2015

The shooting started at Muzik nightclub in Toronto
The shooting started at Muzik nightclub in Toronto

A shooting that started at a Toronto nightclub and then spilled onto the streets outside has left at least two people dead and three others wounded.

Police said they responded to a call about shots being fired at the Muzik nightclub on the grounds of Exhibition Place at approximately 3.30am local time.

The nightclub was hosting the official OVO Fest after-party featuring Toronto rapper Drake. It was not immediately clear if he was present during the shooting.

Victims were a man and woman in their 20s and 30s, Superintendent Frank Bergen said. He said three other people were taken to hospital with various injuries.

Police believe there could be more victims at other locations and urged citizens to contact authorities.

A similar incident occurred in front of Muzik last year when a 28-year-old man was shot after OVO Fest on August 5, 2014.

Your Comments

COMMENT RULES: Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and contributors who consistently fall below certain criteria will be permanently blacklisted. The moderator will not enter into debate with individual contributors and the moderator’s decision is final. It is Belfast Telegraph policy to close comments on court cases, tribunals and active legal investigations. We may also close comments on articles which are being targeted for abuse. Problems with commenting?

Read More

From Belfast Telegraph