Warner resigns from Fifa posts
Jack Warner, the man at the centre of the Fifa bribery scandal, has resigned from all his positions in international football.
Warner, the longest-serving member of Fifa's executive committee, had been suspended pending the outcome of a bribery inquiry.
Football's world governing body said the ethics committee procedures against him "have been closed and the presumption of innocence is maintained".
Fifa released a statement on Monday which read: "Jack A Warner has informed Fifa about his resignation from his posts in international football. Fifa regrets the turn of events that have led to Mr Warner's decision.
"His resignation has been accepted by world football's governing body, and his contribution to international football and to Caribbean football in particular and the Concacaf confederation are appreciated and acknowledged.
"Mr Warner is leaving Fifa by his own volition after nearly 30 years of service, having chosen to focus on his important work on behalf of the people and government of Trinidad and Tobago as a cabinet minister and as the chairman of the United National Congress, the major party in his country's coalition government."
It added: "As a consequence of Mr Warner's self-determined resignation, all ethics committee procedures against him have been closed and the presumption of innocence is maintained."
Warner and fellow FIFA member Mohamed Bin Hammam were suspended last month after they were accused of giving or offering bribes of 40,000 US dollars (£24,700) to the 25 members of the Caribbean Football Union (CFU). The total sum involved was one million US dollars (£617,000) according to a report to the FIFA ethics committee.
A source close to Warner said he had taken the decision "for the good of the game" but refused to comment when asked if the 68-year-old had jumped before he was pushed.
The source said: "He has taken the decision after speaking to his family. He believes it is in the best interests of Caribbean football and for the good of the game generally."