White House communications director resigns
White House communications director Michael Dubke has resigned.
White House counsellor Kellyanne Conway told the Associated Press that Mr Dubke handed in his resignation before US President Donald Trump left for his international trip earlier this month.
In an interview with Fox News on Tuesday, Ms Conway said Mr Dubke "made very clear that he would see through the president's international trip, and come to work every day and work hard even through that trip because there was much to do here back at the White House".
Mr Dubke later confirmed he is leaving the White House and said his last day on the job has not been determined.
He said: "It has been my great honour to serve President Trump and this administration. It has also been my distinct pleasure to work side by side, day by day with the staff of the communications and press departments."
A Republican consultant, Mr Dubke joined the White House team in February after campaign aide Jason Miller - Mr Trump's original choice for communications director - withdrew from consideration. #
Mr Dubke founded Crossroads Media, a Republican firm that specialises in political advertising.