Belfast Telegraph

EpiPens in all eateries could prove to be a real lifesaver

Editor's Viewpoint

Sometimes in life and death situations luck can play a vital part in keeping someone alive. That certainly was the case when Newry man Aaron McDonald began to go into anaphylactic shock through a nut allergy when eating out. He had forgotten his EpiPen, which delivers a life-saving injection of adrenalin, but fortunately was close to a late-night pharmacy and the recently-qualified pharmacist knew exactly how to react when he entered the premises with his airways closing.

Just as automatic defibrillators are now more widely available to combat cardiac arrest, should EpiPens be stored in restaurants or other food outlets for emergencies like this?

Belfast Telegraph

Popular

From Belfast Telegraph