Please, all we ask is just one positive decision
In March 2007, I wrote saying, if I could grab the levers of power here, I would straightaway do the following things.
* Tax plastic supermarkets bags at 10p a bag.
* Tax compel car owners to display tax and insurance discs.
* Privatise the provision and repair of NHS wheelchairs.
* Reduce the speed limit in built-up areas to 25mph.
* Provide free toothbrushes to every primary school and have daily brushing.
* Introduce a guaranteed one-year of employment for teachers on graduation.
* Remove the eight-week delays at the MoT test centres or privatise the lot.
* Introduce one man, one political office.
Yet, so far, the Assembly has done nothing. I've looked through all the Assembly press notices to find the most common verbs.
They are - and I quote - meets, visits, briefs, outlines, visits, attends, looks forward, listens, visits, discusses, convenes, updates, visits, welcomes, highlights, considers, visits, examines, supports and consults. Oh, and visits. In fact, everything apart from make a positive decision.
So two years after MLAs taking office, we find that Stephen Nolan is still running the country and its public services on morning radio.
Get a grip boys on the hill. All we want for Christmas is a positive decision - on anything!