Belfast Telegraph

Home Opinion Letters

Time to treat our water with care

FULLY 97.5% of the earth's water is ocean and, therefore, salt water. The remaining 2.5% is fresh water – two-thirds of which is locked up in ice caps, glaciers and underground rocks, leaving just one-third of 1% of water for us.

This diminishing amount of fresh water is all we have to keep the global economy going and sustain all forms of life on earth.

So, let's stop wasting and polluting our water.

MIRIAM HENNESSY

By email

Belfast Telegraph

Popular

From Belfast Telegraph