Belfast Telegraph Runher 2016 5K and 10K
Belfast Telegraph Runher Titanic Quarter Race Day on Oct 23 at 11am
How To Get There
There is NO parking on the road in the immediate area.
You can park in pay car-parks A and B on the Queen’s Road (opposite the Drawing Offices) or in the Titanic Signature Building.
Or get dropped off at the Odyssey and walk in.
Or take the train to the Titanic Quarter halt and walk in(It’s about 10 minutes).
Can I register on the day of the race?
Of course! You can register on the day of the race (Sunday 23rd October) between 8am and 10.30am at Titanic Quarter in the T13 Urban Sports Academy and Shared Cultural Space. T13 is located just off the Queen's Road opposite the Drawing Offices. (BT3 9TD) On the day entry fee is £22.
Where can I pick up my pack on the day of the race?
You can pick up your pack on race day (Sunday 23rd October) at Registration between 8am and 10.30am. Registration will be at Titanic Quarter in the T13 Urban Sports Academy and Shared Cultural Space. T13 is located just off the Queen's Road opposite the Drawing Offices. (BT3 9TD)
Are there changing facilities available?
Other than toilets which are situated close to the race location, there will be no designated facilities to change so please come dressed ready to run! Please also be advised that we are not responsible for any valuables brought to the race location.
Race Day Schedule
8am- 10.30am : Registration/Pack Collection @T13 Titanic Quarter.
10.30am : FREE Dash for kids! (U10’s)
10.45am : Group warm up.
11.00am : 5K and 10K START
11.30am - 1.30pm : Post race entertainment, refreshments and massage thanks to Apex Physio at Runher village (The Paddock @ Titanic Quarter)
If you want to get a time - and your name in the Belfast Telegraph the next day - wear your chip !
- Please wear your number on the front.
- Calculate what your 5K/10K time might be - let the faster runners off first at the front. There’ll be marshals there to help you. Walkers should start at the back.
- The ROADS ARE NOT CLOSED so be careful. There’ll be lots of marshals around to help and support.
- You’ll cross roads so again listen to the guidance from the marshals.
- Soon after the 3K mark, the 5K participants will run through the Urban Sports Academy Hangar and retrace their steps back to the finish area in the Paddock.
- For the 10K participants,watch out for some uneven ground as you head across to the large gates leading onto the Sydenham Road(This is a change from last year’s route).
- On the Airport Road when you pass through the barriers you will be directed over onto the footpath on the right-hand side of the road.
- There’ll be two-way runners as you arrive at the Sam Thompson Bridge just around half-way -some going in, some coming out of Victoria Park. It’s the narrowest bit of the course so just keep an eye out.
- You may experience a bit of movement under your feet as you cross The Sam Thompson Bridge.
- There’s a water station in Victoria Park just passed the car-park.
- When you leave the park you’ve under 4K to go. You’ll be directed across the pedestrian lights onto the footpath on the Bombardier side of the Airport Road.
- Then you’ll retrace your steps through the gates on the Sydenham Road, through the Urban Sports Academy Hangar and back the way you came.(This is also a change from last year).
- Watch crossing the Queen’s Road once you swing out of the yellow gates and then it’s 500 metres to the finish in the Paddock area. Don’t forget to smile and raise your arms as you cross the line!
- There’ll be complimentary water and bananas at the finish.
There’s a course map at www.runher.co.uk .
There’ll be prizes for the 1-2-3 in the 5K and 10K and lots and lots of age-group prizes courtesy of Saucony .
WE HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY!