Eubank Jnr is stunned by Blackwell's decision to spar
Chris Eubank Jnr has described Nick Blackwell's decision to risk sparring having had his career ended by a life-threatening head injury sustained in their fight in March as "absolute madness".
The 26-year-old Blackwell remains in hospital after requiring an emergency procedure to reduce brain swelling following an unsanctioned sparring session that took place last month.
He was forced to retire when being fortunate to recover from a bleed to the skull, discovered after he collapsed at the conclusion of March's stoppage defeat.
Eubank Jnr was discouraged from visiting Blackwell in hospital, the fighter's family unhappy at the Eubanks for discussing the fight in a press conference while he remained in a coma.
The fallout between the two continued with Eubank Snr - the former world champion - claiming he told his son to target Blackwell's body to protect him, and the latter describing their actions while he remained in a coma as "inhuman".
Hasan Karkardi and Liam Wilkins, the fighter and trainer involved in the sparring session that injured Blackwell, have since been suspended by the British Boxing Board of Control.
Eubank Jnr said of the episode: "It's just madness, absolute madness. There is a difference between loving your sport and being able to spend time with your family and enjoy life. I can't understand that."
Eubank Jnr steps up to super-middleweight to challenge IBO champion Renold Quinlan of Australia on February 4 when ITV launches its pay-per-view platform.