Lee Selby vows to make Barros pay for Las Vegas fiasco
Lee Selby is out for revenge against Jonathan Barros after again agreeing to defend his IBF featherweight title against the Argentinian this summer.
The two are to meet at the Wembley Arena on the undercard of Chris Eubank Jnr's super-middleweight fight with Arthur Abraham on July 15, six months after their scheduled meeting was cancelled at 24 hours' notice.
Selby (30) was preparing for the third defence of his title at Las Vegas' MGM Grand on January 28 when Barros failed to meet the licensing conditions of the Nevada State Athletic Commission.
After a lengthy training camp and his supporters following him to the US, Selby no longer had a fight and instead was forced into a keep-busy, non-title match-up against Andoni Gago in London in March.
The Welshman also remains a potential opponent for Carl Frampton later in 2017, but he said: "Barros is going to pay, simple as that.
"I was mucked around last time because he and his team couldn't get their act together and this time I can't wait. I am absolutely thrilled to be fighting him at last, on a huge bill in London and with the stage set for me.
"I have been a worthy IBF world champion and beating a tough customer like Barros will put me in the hot seat for a fight with Carl Frampton or Scott Quigg, or any of the other world champions. Either of those would suit me down to earth.
"But first it is Barros and I'm determined to make him pay. I don't need any motivation for this one. I was there in Las Vegas ready to fight and through no fault of my own it didn't happen. It is now, and Barros will be taken apart."
It has also been confirmed the promising Kid Galahad will fight at Wembley Arena on the 15th, at featherweight against Denmark's Dennis Ceylan.
Meanwhile, George Groves has become the first super-middleweight to sign up for the 12-stone edition of the World Boxing Super Series.
The 29-year-old, who last month won the vacant WBA title by stopping Fedor Chudinov in six rounds, had been expected to pursue a rematch with James DeGale but will instead participate in the eight-fighter competition.
Seven further super-middleweights are still to join him - the cruiserweight edition already has three fighters - in pursuit of the Muhammad Ali trophy. Groves said: "I see the World Boxing Super Series as a chance for me to show everyone that I'm the best in the division.
"I believe I am the best super-middleweight on the planet and certainly the man to beat at 168lbs. I want to continue to test myself against the best and I am ready and willing to fight anyone. It will be exciting to see who else has the courage to enter such a brutal competition.
"The World Boxing Super Series is exactly what fighters and fans need: a simple and straightforward way to determine the best fighter in the division. I am really keen to be the first super-middleweight to lift the Muhammad Ali Trophy."
Each winner will reportedly earn approximately £7.8m from the final of their competition, which is similar to the Super Six in which Groves' retired rival Carl Froch made his name.
The quarter-finals are to be staged this autumn,with co-promoters Richard Schaefer's Ringstar Sports and Sauerland hoping the semi-finals will take place in early 2018 and the final in May.