Cristiano Ronaldo's future up in the air after Barca El Clasico humiliation
It was a weekend that left many Real Madrid supporters wondering who will leave first - Cristiano Ronaldo or Rafa Benitez?
Both had miserable evenings on Saturday as a Barcelona side without Lionel Messi in the starting line-up put four past them at the Santiago Bernabeu.
Ronaldo, meanwhile, was y being publicly courted by the Manchester United manager, Louis van Gaal, and Benitez was being given a vote of confidence from his president.
Both men look destined to be elsewhere by the start of next season.
Van Gaal said after his side's 2-1 win over Watford on Saturday: "We are looking at all players, not just Ronaldo. But these players are mostly ungettable.
"With Ronaldo, let's wait and hope." This sparked a flurry of headlines suggesting that a £60m move was on the cards, though calmer heads suggested that this was nothing more than a general observation by Van Gaal and that, anyway, United would be unlikely to want to pay the sort of wages their former forward would demand.
French media claimed a few days ago Paris Saint-Germain's chairman, Nasser al-Khelaifi, met Ronaldo's agent, Jorge Mendes, last week to discuss signing the player for the club in the summer.
As for Real, this 4-0 defeat was their most humbling loss at home since they were beaten 6-2 by Barcelona in 2009.
Marca suggested yesterday the fate of 55-year-old Benitez is sealed, even if he will not move on until the end of the season.
Real Madrid responded to that briefing privately by saying his job was safe and reports in Spain said he still has the support of the board.
Luis Suarez gave the visitors an 11th-minute lead, Neymar doubled the advantage before the break and in the second period Andres Iniesta scored a goal worthy of his all-action performance.
Suarez added a fourth, following a pass from substitute Lionel Messi.
Barcelona coach Luis Enrique savoured a "glorious" El Clasico victory, saying the triumph would "go down in history".