Lionel Messi says he will be back playing football "when the body tells me I'm fine" and not a minute sooner as he recovers from his latest hamstring injury.
The Barcelona star was ruled out of action for up to two months on November 11 after suffering another hamstring problem during the previous day's 4-1 victory at Real Betis where he limped off after 21 minutes.
Earlier this month his Barca team-mate Cesc Fabregas urged the Argentina superstar not to try and rush his recovery after experiencing similar problems while at Arsenal, and advised Messi to have patience as he looks to get back to full fitness.
The 26-year-old gave an interview with sports newspaper Diario Ole in his native Argentina, confirming he will not rush back.
He said: "The plan is to resume playing when the body tells me I'm fine."
There were rumours that Messi had changed his diet which could have been a contributing factor to his run of injuries, but he flatly denied that his dietary habits have been altered.