Belfast Telegraph

Friday 22 August 2014

Valencia now say Villa’s not for sale

Valencia president Manuel Llorente added the latest twist to David Villa's transfer saga on Friday by declaring the Spain striker was not for sale.

“After weighing up the advantages and disadvantage, we've taken a decision; Villa is the best striker in Europe and we want him to continue with us,” Llorente said.

Real Madrid, Barcelona and Chelsea are among the teams reported to be vying for Villa.

The 27-year-old, who has scored twice in two games for Spain at the Confederations Cup in South Africa, said on Wednesday that he had already made a decision over his future. A day later, Madrid president Florentino Perez said that it was only a matter of time before he signed.

COMMENT RULES: Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and contributors who consistently fall below certain criteria will be permanently blacklisted. The moderator will not enter into debate with individual contributors and the moderator’s decision is final. It is Belfast Telegraph policy to close comments on court cases, tribunals and active legal investigations. We may also close comments on articles which are being targeted for abuse. Problems with commenting? customercare@belfasttelegraph.co.uk

Nightlife galleries

More

Latest Sport News

Stats Centre