Prolific Mitchell has no plans to make a Swift exit
Andrew Mitchell has insisted he has no intention of leaving Dungannon Swifts during the January transfer window.
The striker is one of the hottest properties in Irish League football after scoring 13 goals this season.
It has seen him linked with a series of clubs over the last year.
But Mitchell says he is ready to stay until the end of the campaign and see out his contract.
He also says it is not inevitable he will leave the Tyrone club in the summer.
"There may well be (transfer interest), but I am at Dungannon until the end of the season anyway," Mitchell said.
Asked about a possible move next month, he added: "I can't see it - I don't think so. Not as far as I know anyway.
"I think Dungannon are keen to keep me, but we'll see what happens. If anything happens, I don't know, but we'll see."
Mitchell insists he is happy to stay at Dungannon.
"Absolutely - I've got myself into a two-year contract and I'll happily stay and see out that contract and try and score as many goals as possible and try and get Dungannon into Europe," he said.
Looking further ahead, he added: "It's not impossible (that I will stay), definitely.
"Dungannon is a fantastic club with a fantastic manager in Rod (McAree), who has shown immense faith in me."
Mitchell scored an 89th minute winner as the Swifts won 1-0 at Glenavon on Friday night.
He is now past the half-way mark in terms of his target for the season. "I still have that target of 25," he added.
"I'd like to have three or four more before Christmas, and then I would be well on the way.
"I just need to keep focusing on scoring goals and playing well for the team."
Dungannon boss McAree admits Friday night's performance will only serve to heighten transfer interest in his star striker.
"There is bound to be interest in him - he has been exceptional all season," McAree said.
"Whenever he is playing for Dungannon Swifts and he scores 13 goals and we're only into December, people will take notice," he said.
"We'll do our best to hold on to him."
Meanwhile, Ballinamallard United and Glenavon will meet on Tuesday, January 17 (7.45pm) after the game was controversially called off two weeks ago.
The Mallards game at Carrick Rangers has also been brought forward from Saturday, January 14 and will be played the previous evening (7.45pm).