A look at Bramley Moore Dock
Everton's hopes of building a new stadium in Liverpool have taken a step forward after a deal for a site at Bramley Moore Dock was agreed.
Here Press Association Sport looks at the site in question.
Opened in August 1848, it was named after John Bramley-Moore, who was then the chairman of the dock committee. The dock was designed by Jesse Hartley, the world's first full-time professional dock engineer.
Part of the Port of Liverpool, the dock sits two miles north of the city centre and two miles west of Goodison Park on the eastern bank of the River Mersey.
Primarily used to export coal and provide coal for steamships, which did not require a significant amount of warehousing, accounting for the open spaces on the site.
In use for 140 years, the decline of coal-fired steamships and closure of Lancashire coal mines reduced demand and the docks eventually closed in 1988. However, the retaining walls and hydraulic tower on the site are Grade II-listed structures.
The site lay abandoned until Liverpool Sound City music festival was hosted there in 2015 and 2016. It is now appears set for something more permanent.