Barry dismisses mutiny talk
Gareth Barry has insisted the Manchester City squad remain firmly behind manager Roberto Mancini amid speculation his players want him replaced.
Reports on Monday claimed they are unhappy with the Italian's management style.
But England midfielder Barry told City's official website: "The truth is that there is a group of players working together, working hard and working for the manager, trying to do the right things. Everyone in that dressing room and that training complex wants to do their best for Manchester City Football Club."
Barry revealed he had apologised to Mancini after last week being photographed at a student party while on a trip to St Andrews to play golf.
"I regret that, it was naive of me. It shouldn't have happened," Barry added.
"I have apologised to the manager. We were in the wrong but that is in the past now and we are only looking forward."
City suffered a second successive defeat on Saturday as they followed up their loss to Arsenal with defeat at struggling Wolves.
They are now eight points behind Premier League leaders Chelsea after winning only five of their opening 10 league games.
"As a group of players we let the club and the fans down at Wolves," said Barry. "We are sorry for that but it is only one result and as a team we are now desperate to put that right.
"The best way of doing that is on the pitch with wins, starting on Thursday in the Europa League."