Newcastle midfielder Joey Barton is continuing to mull over a potential move to QPR.
The 28-year-old is in the final year of his contract at St James' Park and was recently made available for a free transfer after criticising Newcastle's recruitment policy via his Twitter account.
Barton was at QPR's training ground in Harlington on Thursday undergoing the second part of a medical but left without signing a contract with the west London side and later tweeted that he needs "some thinking time and space" before penning a deal.
The post followed comments made earlier in the day in which the former Manchester City midfielder gave little away.
"The latest is that we are just completing the final stages of the medical, so we will just get that over and done with and then see where we are at," he told Sky Sports News.
"I have not made a final decision just yet, but speaking to the club, they have got big ambitions and I had to come down and hear what they have got to say and go through the formalities of the medical side of it just in case any deal does happen."
Asked if he was optimistic, Barton replied: "I am not sure. There are still a number of things to be sorted out, but it's a process you have to take step by step, and that's the stage we are at at the minute."
QPR manager Neil Warnock was also keen to reject the notion that the signing was a "done deal", but admitted that he would like the transfer to be completed as quickly as possible.
"I don't think you can say that about any deal really until people sign," he said on Thursday morning. "I am not getting my hopes up one way or another. We've made him a very good offer and I think Joey appreciates that.
"Although I hope Joey doesn't think we're going to pay him what some of the papers said we were going to pay him this morning. I think you always want to get them completed as soon as possible."