Belfast Telegraph

Saturday 30 August 2014

Bold move to sack Redknapp - Rose

Danny Rose hopes to break back into the first-team squad at Tottenham under Andre Villas-Boas

Danny Rose believes it was a "pretty bold move" by Tottenham to sack Harry Redknapp.

The 65-year-old left Spurs last month after almost four years in charge at White Hart Lane and was this week replaced by former Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas. Rose is pleased with the Portuguese's appointment but admits it was a big decision to let Redknapp leave.

"It is a great appointment," he told Press Association Sport. "It was pretty bold move by the club to sack Harry Redknapp. But the chairman's intentions are to take the club forward and everyone is fully behind him and Villas-Boas as well."

He added: "I am pretty unfortunate not to have met him yet because I am away here, but I am looking forward to going back and meeting him and getting to work with him."

Rose was speaking at Team GB's Preparation Camp at Loughborough University, where the squad is being kitted out ahead of London 2012.

The left-sided player was included as part of the 18-man squad despite limited first-team football last season.

Rose admitted he had been set to go out on loan this summer, but is not sure how Villas-Boas' appointment will change things.

"We'll see what happens when I get back," he said.

"It had already been agreed last season that I could go out on loan.

"Obviously things have changed with Harry Redknapp being sacked so I will have to see what happens when I get back."

Nightlife galleries

More

Latest Sport News

Stats Centre