Burnley are still active in the transfer market says boss Sean Dyche
Sean Dyche has stressed Burnley still have irons in the fire ahead of the transfer-window deadline after missing out on Robert Snodgrass.
Earlier this week the Clarets had seen a bid in the region of £10million accepted for Hull's Snodgrass only for the Scotland international to complete a switch to Premier League rivals West Ham instead.
A move to Burnley was always seen as a long shot anyway and though the window closes in just two days' time, Dyche is hopeful that recapturing Joey Barton will not be the only piece of business he conducts this month.
Norwich's Republic of Ireland international Robbie Brady has been linked with Burnley throughout January and Norwich manager Alex Neil said on Saturday that he was unsure if the wide-man had played his final game for the Canaries.
"There's nothing literal now, we just have to wait and see," Dyche said.
"There's a couple of things in process but we'll just have to see if they get over the line."
Should Brady link up with Burnley before Tuesday's deadline, he will be joining a team in the fifth round of the FA Cup for the first time since 2011.
Burnley recorded a sixth straight home win at Turf Moor on Saturday thanks to goals in either half from Sam Vokes and Steven Defour in a 2-0 success over Championship outfit Bristol City.
And though the Robins had lost a club-record eight straight league games heading into the fixture, Dyche was delighted to see his men avoid the type of hiccup that Liverpool, Brighton and Newcastle had to lower-league opponents.
"I'm very pleased," the Burnley boss added.
"I've seen a couple of results and it is the cup, some odd things can happen. We wanted to take care of what we had to do and I thought we did, and we did it in a controlled manner."
Having exited the cup, under-fire Bristol City manager Lee Johnson will now turn his attention to lifting his club out of the Championship's relegation zone.
He will likely have to do so without midfielder Luke Freeman after revealing the QPR target had refused to play in Lancashire. The 24-year-old has played 21 times for the Robins this term but now looks set to end his two-and-a-half-year stay with the club.
"He didn't want to be involved, which is disappointing," Johnson said.
"I wanted him here and it would have been good to have him. He didn't feel he was mentally right to play and that tells a story in itself.
"That's disappointing, because you want your best players to be available. His situation is still pending and we'll have to wait and see what happens now."