Corinthians are not looking to make another move for Carlos Tevez, according to their general manager Edu.
The Brazilian club made a bid for Tevez this summer after he expressed his desire to leave Manchester City, but ran out of time to complete a deal. Since then, the 27-year-old Argentina international has made only two starts for City and was last week suspended following his alleged refusal to come on as a substitute against Bayern Munich
Former Arsenal and Brazil midfielder Edu told the BBC: "At the moment there are no plans to try and sign him again. I'm starting to think about our new squad for 2012 and I've talked to our coach (Tite) about what we need - but Tevez was not mentioned."
Edu has been at the Leaders in Football conference in London this week, where Tevez's advisor Kia Joorabchian on Wednesday insisted the striker did not refuse to play for City in Munich, claiming that post-match comments by the player suggesting he had done so were mistranslated by a club interpreter.
Referring to the events in the Bayern match, Edu said: "It is very strange for me to hear that he refused to come on. Every player knows that sometimes you have to be on bench, you work for the team whether you're playing or not.
"They pay him to work for the team whether he plays or not. I was a player and I can understand that sometimes it doesn't feel good to be on the bench, but if he decided not to play that was a very bad decision."
He added: "As things stand, we have not considered going for Tevez. On Wednesday I spoke to our club president (Andres Sanchez) to see if he wanted me to make contact and start negotiations while I'm over in Europe but he said no, it's up to you to decide.
"Of course, that could change. It's nice to be over here to see the real situation of Tevez and speak to people about him. Then we can start to decide if it's right for us to try again.
"I was talking to Manchester City in July and we tried to buy him for 40million euros but the negotiations were not easy.
"We needed to arrange bank guarantees and other things. To organise all of that in two or three days (before the Brazilian transfer window closed) was very difficult. That's why we lost him."