Dos Santos no closer to Spurs exit
Giovani Dos Santos is no closer to ending his nightmare spell at Tottenham and has snubbed interest from both Russia and the United States, according to his representative.
Dos Santos has made just 15 starts during a four-year spell at White Hart Lane which has seen him shipped out on loan three times.
The transfer window is due to shut at 11pm on Tuesday and the 22-year-old's representative, Vicente Montes, says his client is not near to completing a move away from White Hart Lane, and told ESPN Raza Deportiva: "Giovani Dos Santos has offers from Russia and the United States but he has told them that he is not going to play there."
He added: "Tottenham told Giovani that Major League Soccer (in America) had put in an offer for him but the player has other plans.
"As things stand it appears that Giovani Dos Santos will stay at Spurs."
Villarreal and Granada claimed they had both bid for the Mexico international earlier this week, but a deal is yet to be signed, with reports suggesting both Spanish sides are unwilling to meet the London club's asking price for the forward.
Manager Harry Redknapp has made it clear that Dos Santos has no future at Tottenham, but reports have suggested that the club want between £4-6million for the player, much to Montes' frustration.
"When it comes to valuing Giovani, they place him as a player with big numbers, yet they don't play him," he added.
Last summer Dos Santos infuriated Tottenham by turning down a £13million move to Udinese as he wanted to move to Spain, which is still believed to be his preferred destination.