Eddie Howe has no intention of letting Callum Wilson leave Bournemouth
Eddie Howe has insisted Bournemouth will not sell Callum Wilson despite a growing queue of suitors keen to prise the striker away from the south coast.
West Brom have reportedly lined up a big-money bid for Wilson, while Newcastle United have long been tracking the 24-year-old.
Branding this his trickiest transfer window yet, Howe remained adamant Wilson will stay with Bournemouth, but conceded two players could leave on loan.
"Callum Wilson's not for sale, he's a massive part of our plans and our future," said Howe, ahead of Bournemouth hosting Crystal Palace in Tuesday night's Premier League clash.
"This is the most difficult transfer window I've been involved in, the pool of players is so small.
"We have been looking, we have been looking, but we'll see what happens.
"Any player has to benefit the team.
"Anyone can sign a player but it's about signing someone who can make a difference."
Bournemouth have so far drawn a blank in the January window, but Howe admitted he could yet let a couple of his current crop leave.
Howe has already admitted he would be willing to let French forward Lys Mousset head out on loan this month.
Chelsea boss Antonio Conte has already confirmed goalkeeper Asmir Begovic will be allowed to join Bournemouth provided the Blues secure a replacement.
But Howe refused to expand on any progress in that regard.
"We might be losing one or two, possibly on loan," said Howe.
"I won't comment on individual signings."
Ivory Coast striker Max Gradel has completed his African Nations Cup duties and could yet be feature in Tuesday's Palace encounter.
"We anticipate seeing Max at some point today, he was obviously away at the African Nations Cup and hasn't had as much football as he would have liked," said Howe.
"We'll assess him when he's back with us and make a decision on him from there."