Eva Carneiro timeline
Chelsea club doctor Eva Carneiro is understood to have left her post a little over a month after she found herself at the centre of a storm of controversy having come on to the pitch to treat Eden Hazard late in the Blues' opening day draw against Swansea.
Here Press Association charts the key events that led to her departure.
August 8 - With Chelsea struggling late on in their Barclays Premier League opener at home to Swansea, Hazard went to ground and the referee called for treatment, at which point Carneiro and physio Jon Fearn went on to the pitch to treat him. After the 2-2 draw, Mourinho branded his medical staff "impulsive and naive" as treating Hazard meant Chelsea would be temporarily down to nine men - Thibaut Courtois had already been sent off. "Whether you are a kit man, doctor or secretary on the bench you have to understand the game," Mourinho said.
August 11 - It emerged that Carneiro's role at the club was to change with a downgrading of responsibilities, limiting her to the team's training base as she would no longer attend matches.
August 12 - FIFA's chief medical officer Jiri Dvorak was among those to denounce Chelsea's treatment of Carneiro, with the medical community pointing out that she and Fearn had no choice but to respond to the referee's instruction to come on to the pitch.
August 14 - Mourinho confirmed neither Carneiro nor Fearn would be on the bench for Chelsea's next match against Manchester City, but said they might return in the future.
September 11 - FIFA said it would draw up a new code of practice for team doctors in the wake of the controversy.
September 22 - After Carneiro parted company with Chelsea, Football Association board member Heather Rabbatts expressed her "sadness and anger" at the Portuguese's departure from the club.
September 23 - The Football Medical Association stated it would continue to support Carneiro "on a professional level".
September 24 - Premier League Doctors' Group called for safeguards to be in place for team doctors.
September 30 - The FA confirmed Mourinho would face no action over allegations he made discriminatory comments towards Carneiro during the August 8 confrontation. Women in Football questioned the verdict, while the FA said an "independent academic expert in Portuguese linguistics" had been called upon to analyse footage of the incident.
October 1 - Rabbatts expressed "major concerns" over the FA's handling of the disciplinary process, with FMA chief executive Eamonn Salmon expressing surprise over the absence of Carneiro as a witness. FA chairman Greg Dyke, in a letter to council members, admitted Mourinho should have apologised amid "a failure of his personal judgement and public behaviour".