Grant blasts FA over ban
West Ham manager Avram Grant has hit out at the Football Association for imposing a two-match touchline ban on him, although he insists it will not have an adverse effect on his relegation-threatened side.
The Hammers boss was found guilty of improper conduct on Wednesday and subsequently handed a two-game ban. Grant also received a £6,000 fine relating to the comments made about referee Mike Jones in the aftermath of the Hammers' 2-1 FA Cup quarter-final defeat to Stoke last month.
The former Chelsea boss said: "I don't like it, I don't agree with it. I think it is wrong even from the FA to charge me but this is life."
The Israeli hit out at referee Jones' handling of the second half, which began with Stoke being awarded a penalty just 13 seconds after the restart.
Matthew Etherington missed the spot-kick but Grant intimated he felt that Jones had been swayed by the home fans after Frederic Piquionne appeared to handle in the lead-up to the Hammers' opener in the first half.
He added: "Not everybody is right about what they are doing and I will continue. It is not such a problem because I am in contact with the staff and I have a very good people that will be on the bench," he added. "The players know what we are going to do, it will be ok."
In previous weeks, Grant suggested that managers could hold back when talking to the media due to the fear of repercussions.
With both Grant and Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson now serving bans for comments made about referees, the West Ham boss believes fellow managers may no longer be truthful.
"Absolutely [managers will hold back]," he said. "I don't think even one manager will now speak honestly in front of the cameras knowing that he maybe charged.
"I spoke with managers and lot of them have decided not to do it."