Hamburg plan to clean up with Bruma
Published 03/06/2011 | 14:42
Frank Arnesen has confirmed Hamburg are planning another raid on Chelsea's youth set-up after revealing he will hold talks with Jeffrey Bruma.
Sporting director Arnesen, who last month defected from Stamford Bridge to the German club, masterminded the purchase of Michael Mancienne on Tuesday and he now wants to bring fellow defender Bruma to the Bundesliga, reportedly on a two-year loan deal.
Arnesen said: "Jeffrey Bruma is on duty with the Netherlands. Afterwards, we will meet and talk about it. We will look each other straight in the eye. We will decide what is best for Jeffrey Bruma and Hamburger SV."
Like England Under-21 star Mancienne, 19-year-old Bruma has found first-team football hard to come by at Chelsea. He made his full Barclays Premier League debut in January before being allowed to join Leicester on loan.
He has already been capped by Holland, who play Brazil in a friendly on Saturday.
Hamburg completed the signing of another Chelsea youngster this afternoon, Arnesen again using his Stamford Bridge connections to acquire Italy Under-19 international Jacopo Sala.
The 19-year-old attacking midfielder joined the Chelsea academy from Atalanta when he was 15 and was a regular in the reserve team last season.
He has signed a three-year contract with Hamburg after passing a medical.
"Jacopo is a player with a future," Arnesen told Hamburg's official website.
"He has played for all the Italy youth teams and has excellent technical and physical attributes."