Belfast Telegraph

UK Website Of The Year

Inter determined to sign Toure

Published 14/05/2015

Yaya Toure has been heavily linked with a move away from the Etihad Stadium this summer
Yaya Toure has been heavily linked with a move away from the Etihad Stadium this summer

Inter Milan president Erick Thohir has said the club are determined to sign Yaya Toure from Manchester City.

The Ivory Coast midfielder has been heavily linked with a move away from the Etihad Stadium this summer.

Inter would appear a logical destination given they are coached by former City boss Roberto Mancini, who brought Toure to the Premier League from Barcelona in 2010.

Asked about the chances of signing the Ivorian, Thohir said in an interview with Indonesian newspaper Tempo: " Chances? I do not know. What is clear is we will continue to try to bring him here."

Toure's adviser Dimitri Seluk has cast doubt on the player's position at City, claiming recently that he was "90 per cent" certain to leave this summer.

The midfielder, who turned 32 on Wednesday, was urged to stay by fans, who sang 'Happy Birthday' to him during Sunday's 6-0 defeat of QPR, with some even creating a giant card.

Toure memorably became embroiled in a farcical row last year over how the club celebrated his birthday.

Your Comments

COMMENT RULES: Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and contributors who consistently fall below certain criteria will be permanently blacklisted. The moderator will not enter into debate with individual contributors and the moderator’s decision is final. It is Belfast Telegraph policy to close comments on court cases, tribunals and active legal investigations. We may also close comments on articles which are being targeted for abuse. Problems with commenting? customercare@belfasttelegraph.co.uk

Read More

From Belfast Telegraph